Monday, March 12, 2012

Introduction, at it's finest!


Here, instead of hopping around and talking about Brandon and baseball, I can introduce you to us both. Brandon and I both graduated from the same high school! However, with him being 3 years older than me.. he was way out of my league! Brandon signed with the Detroit Tigers in 2007 straight out of his senior year in high school. He was drafted 60th overall!
I figured this may be a bit of informational post seeing as I haven't spoken any background of myself or Brandon.
I worked at a local restaurant, where Brandon spent quite a meals at! After months and months of flirty smiles and awkward hellos, Brandon took it upon himself to message me.. in which I didn't throw myself at him. I wanted to play hard to get, and little did I know.. he wouldn't appreciate that. I didn't hear from him again until I messaged him on his birthday, December 25th. God only knew that day would start the rest of our life!
He took me on our first date two days later to the local Firehouse Subs. I was so nervous I could barely eat! We had begun dating! Have been going strong since and wouldn't take back a single second! He means the world to me and knows me inside and out! I'm one lucky lucky girl :) 

As I view blogs, posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc.. about ladies being able to travel with their husbands/boyfriends/fiances.. I get jealous, but who wouldn't? Instead I have to sit here and think of ways to keep my mind off of him, and not necessarily keep my mind off him, but keep my mind off of being upset about not being there by his side! 


Brandon has thrown three bullpens since the beginning of spring training, and praise the Lord he has thrown well. He feels healthy, and he is throwing much better than he anticipated upon his return from retirement. Yes, retirement. We are thankful that he was able to keep his strength up while he was on this leave because little did we know he would be able to get back into the swing of things! 
Now we are just hoping he keeps his health, strength, and mind set up! 



This ^ is my sweetie doing what he loves doing!
It's exciting to see there is chatter going on about his return!

Former Tigers first-rounder Brandon Hamilton back in camp

Brandon Hamilton, not pictured, is a hard-throwing, 6-foot-3, 220-pound pitcher whom the Tigers viewed as having upside to match some grand mechanical and strike-zone challenges when they drafted him 60th overall in 2007 out of Stanhope Elmore High School. (Elizabeth Conley/The Detroit News)
After a two-year layoff because of "personal issues," a former Tigers first-round draft pick is back in minor-league camp.
Brandon Hamilton, 23, and a right-handed starter from Deatsville, Ala., will attempt a comeback after a turbulent split from baseball.
"I feel good," Hamilton said Tuesday morning outside the Tigers' minor-league clubhouse. "Just happy the organization gave me another shot."
Hamilton is a hard-throwing, 6-foot-3, 220-pound pitcher whom the Tigers viewed as having upside to match some grand mechanical and strike-zone challenges when they drafted him 60th overall in 2007 out of Stanhope Elmore High School.
In his first two seasons with the rookie-laden Gulf Coast League Tigers, Hamilton had handsome numbers. In 2007, he was 1-1, with a 3.10 earned-run average and a .171 opposing batting average in seven games.
A year later, also with the GCL Tigers, he was 5-1 with a 1.86 ERA. He struck out 42 batters and walked 13 in 38 2/3 innings and held hitters to a .186 batting average.
But he had a rough 2008-09 stretch with West Michigan and later had problems with Tigers staffers.
"I had some issues at home," said Hamilton, who said he maintained a pitching regimen and competed while he was away, "and some people who I wasn't getting along with are no longer with the organization."
Al Avila, the Tigers assistant general manager who oversees minor-league operations, said Tuesday Hamilton would have an opportunity to make it back.
"He's had time to work things out, and we're gonna give him a chance," Avila said. "At his age, I would say (a long layoff) is not tough to overcome. It's up to the individual. We had to see enough of him to say he's worth keeping around, and that he's going to have the discipline and the desire to continue working at it."


Praising and praying!!
LOVE, HOPE

No comments: